Saturday 7 January 2012

Grocery Shopping Nightmare!

Since my weight loss journey has began, Iv done really well when going to the grocery store, I'd walk past the junk food with a breeze, not problem.. Today however, I think I found my self sitting in the Junk for isle drooling at the Holiday 50% Chocolates,gummies, you name it was there.... My Fiance, Is a huge huge Junk person, Which is no big deal I'm the one taking this lifestyle change not him, but seeing him buy all the gummies, Chocolate, and all the stuff I wouldn't of thought twice to buy before.. Really got to me tonight like really was bothering me to the point I  had to make an excuse and leave the isle. Does it feel good I left the isle sure it does..But I did break down and bought a box of Chocolate cover Raisins.. Which Intend to have a small Portion of them as a treat.. Don't no why but today was a grocery shopping nightmare, I just wanted to leave!!

Have you ever had that feeling in the grocery store where ergs are just so high that its almost makes you miserable?  Im just glad I made it home with only one bad purchase! I got lots of Veggies, and tonnes of healthy things which make me feel good :) Minus my little treat..

:) Hope your all doing good !!


11 comments:

  1. LOL! don't worry i struggle with this all the time.. everyday i eat like crap and then look back and am like why did i do that.. that's so gross and i suck at temptation apparently...i crave chocolate everyday of my life i have no idea why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know if you are feeling like a chocolate treat...Hot Chocolate is low fat/low calorie...especially if you don't buy the crummy kind filled with sugar and hydrogenated oils.
    Also - buying some dark chocolate in small serving sizes like Dove so you only eat one or two a night is not doing to do in your weight loss. Carob is a great substitute for chocolate...I actually prefer Carob Soy milk to Chocolate Soy milk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate grocery shopping sometimes. Especialy when i go with the hubby as he wants to buy a ton of junk food. I wish that it was easier...but the changes in my attitude will come... in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carob, Iv tried before, I actually didn't mind it :) Never thought of it, I'm usually really good with Sweets!! I crave it ever so often but usually can handle it, I Guess as a treat once in a while, Should be okay, Not the greatest for me but Once in a while I allow my self to it, Today was just full of temptations, Im just glad i only came out with one thing lol Because I could of Easily Took the whole store with me tonight lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may be taking this journey on your own, but its still insensitive of him not to take note and care about this kind of stuff around you. He may not be dieting with you, but you need his support. So if it means getting his own junk at another point rather than while you're shopping together, its a small enough thing that may mean the world to you and might be that much more incentive to stay on focus. Keep up the good work though lady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I really don't mind when he gets it, I have no issue with it all, I don't mind that he eats it in front of me, Today was just one of those day's I understand where your coming from, but I wouldn't really consider it insensitive :) He definitely is playing a huge part in eating the foods I make him :) He does a good job at Putting his junk food in spots i don't go :) which is great :) But i understand what your saying but definitely wouldn't say he is Insensitive :) He does many different things to help me with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tagged you in my blog!

    http://fatsosarah.blogspot.com/2012/01/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've felt like that sometimes too. Like all the treats in the shop just scream at me to buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have def felt like that!!! i will NOT go to the store without eating. and if i have to go before lunch for some crazy reason, i will buy food AT the store, eat it, and THEN shop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree definitely have to eat before shopping or you just want to buy everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are not alone in this and chocolate covered raisins really aren't so bad in compairison to what you could have gotten so do feel proud of that for sure! Especially since you only had a few! Sometimes I go in those isles just because it makes me feel like I have the power because I get out of them without buying anything! You get to a point where the urges & such no longer exist and you aren't affected at all and those are the moment where you feel a sense of pride for the fact that the healthier ways are becoming the norm:-) Sometimes I walk down and think to myself that I'd much rather have some sliced up banana & kiwi with lemon juice (so nummy... almost like candy:-) I love those moments!

    ReplyDelete